Wednesday 3 June 2015

Leafy Branch Tutorial

I couldn't work out what this pattern should be called, so I've ended up with leafy branch!  Not that it particularly looks like leaves or branches...

This is another really simple nail art look that's super quick to do.  You can see some of the ways I've used this pattern by clicking the links below:


For this tutorial, all you'll need is:
  • Base colour
  • Nail art pen or Sharpie
You can of course use a thin nail art brush and polish rather than a pen.  I personally prefer to use a Sharpie - I have the double ended ones and use the thin end.

Here's the step-by-step picture tutorial:

leafy-branch-step-by-step-picture-tutorial-nail-art-sharpie

1.  Prepare your nail as usual and apply your base colour.  Give this plenty of time to dry before you start drawing on it.

2.  Use your pen to draw a gently curving line on your nail, starting from any edge.  Finish the line off with a little loop.

3.  Add more loops, alternating side as you go down the branch.

4.  Colour in all your loops.

5.  Repeat steps 2-4 until you're happy with the coverage.  For some of the spaces, you might just need a little peak of a leaf coming in from the edge, as I've done at the bottom of my nail.

6.  Give that plenty of time to dry again (nothing worse than smudged Sharpie!), apply your favourite top coat and you're done!


If you have any tips for how to improve my tutorials or any ideas for tutorials you'd like to see, please post your suggestions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment