Wednesday 9 October 2013

Mica Moma Franken Kit

Helloooo!

I can't believe it's only Wednesday!  Argh!  I'm so tired, I can't wait for the weekend and a lie in.

Anyhoo, today I'm showing you a pretty darn exciting product.  I recently came across Mica Moma.  They sell a range of products for making your own cosmetics and bath products, INCLUDING NAIL POLISH.  Yes indeedy ladies, suspension base and all, available in the UK!

In addition to selling everything you need to become an indie polish making maestro, they also sell this Indie/Franken Nail Polish Kit for those of us who just want a bit of a play.  When I let them know how brilliant I thought this idea was, they very kindly offered to send me some products to review.

Here's what I got:


This is just a little sample of the franken kit.  The actual kit contains a looooot more (details at the end of the post).  There's suspension base, mixing balls, scoops, a funnel, pigments and glitters. Phew!

So I began by looking at all the pretty things and thinking 'umm...I have no idea how much pigment or glitter I'm supposed to use...'.  Fortunately, there's a helpful video on micamoma.com that advises you to use 2 big scoops of pigment and 1 of glitter.

The bottles of suspension base were full to the brim, so I tipped a little out so I had room for all the pigments and glitters.  First up I went for the blue pigment.  I added a scoop of green glitter and one of those mini scoops of the copper glitter.


I'm not gonna lie, this was pretty darn exciting.  And equally as messy (I'd recommend laying down some newspaper and ensuring your other half is out of the house so you can scrub all the polish off the bathroom sink before he sees!).  The mixing balls are super big, so apparently you only need one.  So one is what I used, and it mixed seriously easily.  Like a few shakes and it was good to go.  Seriously impressed.  I'm thinking of buying a few of these to pop into some of my other polishes that settle (OPI Teenage Dream, I'm looking at you).

Anyhoo, I was very pleased with this, but felt it needed more glitter.

SO!  Next up I went for the purple pigment, and this time added two big scoops of the copper glitter.


This is my favourite :D  Packed full of glitter, and I think the colours are so pretty together.  Apologies for the lobster hands, but this is colour accurate!  Woohoo!  I've finally beaten the camera.

All that suspension base that I tipped away, I actually tipped into an old empty bottle (because I'm not crazy) so I could make a third polish!  This time I added equal amounts of blue and purple pigments, and a good helping of the magenta glitter.  Check this beauty out...


How gorgeous is that colour?  I just want to show everyone my masterpieces...  I went into town with the purple polish on on Sunday and I so wanted someone to comment on my nails so I could tell them I made it lol.  I'm such a child.

Right then, final thoughts.  This was GREAT fun.  I shall definitely be getting myself some more to play with.  Oh I should also mention that these have sat untouched since Saturday night and they haven't settled in the slightest.  Slight negative - the finish was a little bumpy, so I'd go for two coats of top coat.

And here are all the details!  You can see the kit here.  It costs £19.90 (plus £3.50 postage if you're in the UK) and that includes:

3 x 15ml bottles of suspension base
3 x 10ml empty bottles
2 measuring spoons
Funnel
10 steel balls
5 x glitter
5 x mica

You can even choose which pigments and glitters you want if you have something in particular in mind that you'd like to make :)  I think this would be great for Christmas presents as well.  Now I just need to work out which members of my family don't read my blog so that it can be a surprise!

What do you think, is this something you'd be interested in?  Let me know if you have any questions :)



2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea, it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, and the company are lovely to deal with :)

      Delete