Monday 1 July 2013

I Will Go To The Ball!

Hello lovelies!

So...June was a bit of a no-go on the blog.  Sorry!  It ended up being a pretty hectic month for us and I just didn't get a chance to blog (and the broken laptop definitely didn't help matters).

At the beginning of the month, we went down to St Ives for a few days to meet up with my fiance's family.  We had some sunshine and everything (unfortunately I got sunburnt whilst wearing turned up jeans...not a good look).  The next weekend we went camping with a few people from work.  Then the next week we went down to Swansea, where we booked our wedding (eeeeeee!) and had an engagement party.  My mum got us this amazing cake!



How cute is that??

My fiance's family surprised him and came down for the party, so we spend the next day showing them my parents' local beach, and went for tea at the hotel we're getting married at.  Then the NEXT day we flew to Portugal!  So it's been a rather busy six weeks.

My fiance's left again today for work, so I'm determined to get more organised with this blog again!  I have a few things lined up, so watch this space :)  One of those things is that I'd like to feature some nail art inspired by your suggestions, so if you have some, please leave a comment!  Alternatively, you can pop over to my Facebook page and leave a wall post there.  I'll also be bringing back my New Technique posts, so while you're over on my Facebook page, don't forget to vote on that!  I'll also be attempting to finish the Untried Polish Challenge, and posting a few more tutorials (again, if there's anything specific you'd like to see, leave a comment!).

So, for the time being, I shall leave you with this.  I work in an Oncology Centre, and this year is its 20th anniversary.  To celebrate, we had a ball :)  It was a lovely night, helped along by the free wine of course, and who doesn't love an opportunity to dress up?  I foolishly forgot to take a picture of my dress, but here are the nails that I did to match it:

black-white-barry-m-glequin-nail-art

I used Barry M Black and Matt White, and Barry's nail art pens for the details, and then added some old glequins I found in a drawer.  You'll just have to take my word for it that they matched my dress perfectly :p

Ooh, I forgot to mention, I fixed my laptop!  Yay!  Although it's currently so hot that it actually smells like it's melting or something...can't be good.  For the life of me, I cannot get my photo editing software, my card reader or my scanner to work, but it's certainly better than it was (i.e. not dead).

Don't forget to leave your suggestions for nail art or tutorials!


2 comments:

  1. That mani looks so great! Perfect for a fancy evening out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry, I was really pleased with how they turned out :)

      Delete