Saturday 27 April 2013

Untried Challenge: Day 3

It's day 3 of the Untried Polish Challenge hosted by Jonochi at Just Add Polish!  Today's challenge is to use three colours.

I picked out three polishes with similar tones (that would hopefully go together!) and then applied them to various nails in a haphazard sort of way.

Untried-Challenge-Day-3-Three-Colours-sinful-colors-calvin-klein-hits-specialita-glitter-forte

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my lightbox killed this manicure!  Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Anyhoo, the glitter on my thumb and little finger is Hits Folk Rock.  The shimmery browny-reddy polish is Sinful Colors Mercury Rising, and the black with gold microglitter is Calvin Klein Tutu.

And here's a slightly horribly lit picture that shows of the Sinful Color much better.

Untried-Challenge-Day-3-Three-Colours-sinful-colors-calvin-klein-hits-specialita-glitter-forte

So pretty...  And to think it was only £1!

Every single one of these polishes is stunning.  No de-stashing for me today!

Don't forget to take a look at all the other ladies manicures today :)

Jonochi at Just Add Polish

Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Kristina at Lacquer Fetish



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. These polishes match beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They went together perfectly! I love the designs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow mercury rising is fantastic. They look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, in the bottle I thought it was going to be a bit like China Glaze Harvest Moon, but it's totally different. A much deeper, richer colour :)

      Delete
  4. That Mercury color is so gorgeous. How had you never used that before?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amanda, there are polishes in my untried pile that I DESPERATELY needed, that I lusted after for weeks, and then I FINALLY got my paws on them...and didn't use them. Perhaps I have too many polishes...

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous!! I end up using natural light where possible but for my lightbox I have an LED daylight lamp above the light box which seems to give quite good results xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char. I think natural light is definitely best, but I do love being able to take photos in the night! I just wish I'd bought the box at the start of Winter lol. I'll bear that in mind in case I decide to buy new bulbs, thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Such pretty colors abd design! Great job!

    ReplyDelete