Thursday 18 April 2013

Matte Leopard Print

This is my 200th post - woohoo!

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly celebrating it in style.  I had a total creativity block and couldn't think of ANYTHING to do on my nails.  I wanted to do something to try out my Barry M nail art pens but...nothing...

So I decided to just go for some good old leopard print.

Matte-leopard-print-nails-with-Barry-M-nail-art-pen

I used OPI Skull and Glossbones with Barry M Grey for the spots.  I used the Barry M Nail Art Pen in Black to outline my spots.  I decided to mattify using Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat.

If you'd like to have a go at nails like this, there's a step-by-step tutorial, which you can find in the Tutorials tab at the top of the page :)

I'm going to say something a little controversial here...  I didn't think the pen was great.  See where it looks like I tried to squeeze too many spots on to my middle finger?  That's because a huge blob of polish came out of the pen, so I rescued it by adding a grey spot in the middle!

That being said, I had a little go scribbling on my nails with the pink pen, and it was fab.  I think for leopard print I prefer thicker, messier lines, so actually having more control makes for worse leopard print...  That's just my opinion anyway.

Over the weekend I'm going to put together a comparison of the four different types of nail art pens that I have.  If there's any particular aspect of their use that you'd like me to compare, let me know in the comments :)

A couple of other things!  I remembered that I forgot that I was working through my list of new techniques!  Pop over to my Facebook page to vote for which technique you'd like to see my try out this week.  Jelly sandwich is winning at the moment, and I don't really want to do a jelly sandwich, so please vote and save me!  Or seal my fate.  Either one.

Also, for any Instagram users, I'm attempting to use that now.  I don't really get how it works, but my username is polishedart.  I'll add a button on the sidebar just as soon as I can work it out...  Does anyone know if I can set one of my pictures on there as my profile picture, because it doesn't seem to be an option? Also, if you have an Instagram account, let me know!  I'm not following anyone yet!


4 comments:

  1. Love the leopard print! Have just followed you on Instagram (fundaflawless) - think you have to set your profile pic on there from an Instagram photo, but I could be wrong...! Looking forward to seeing you on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison :) I've followed you back! Sorted a profile picture in the end. I'm sure I'l get the hang of it all eventually!

      Delete
  2. This mani is simply GORGEOUS!
    I've never had such luck with leopord spots. Love it!

    Also, I'd love to shoot you an email with the information on the Untried Challenge. If you could let me know what that is, or send me one (email on blog), that'd be super great!! This is Jonochi from Just Add Polish!

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      I've just sent you an email!

      Delete