Saturday 6 April 2013

Hearts and Bows

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far.

I have another product from Born Pretty Store to show you today.  If you haven't visited the site before, Born Pretty Store has loads of nail art supplies, which are very reasonably priced and, in my experience thus far, great quality.

So the product I have to show you today are these pearl nail art decorations.  They come in a nice little case (with less potential for mess than the ones with the top that turns).

born-pretty-store-pearl-nail-art-decorations-barry-m

There are six different shapes, including hearts, bows and good old round pearls.  These are quite large though, and they do all have flat backs (beware curvy girls!).

This is the first look I created, using the white heart decoration.  I just want to make it clear that the pearls on my ring and little fingers are not the pearls from this set, these are smaller ones from a previous wheel I purchased.

born-pretty-store-heart-pearl-nail-art-decorations-barry-m

I had a good old Barry M fest, using Berry Ice Cream, Lemon Ice Cream, Blueberry Ice Cream, Peach Melba and Mint Green.  I added the stripes with a nail art pen and stuck on all my pearly bits with top coat.

As you can see, the heart is quite large and sticks up from my nail.  If you were wanting to wear it for a bit longer then sticking it on with nail glue would probably make it more secure (I can't use my nail glue because I used it once and now the lid's stuck...are they supposed to be single use or have I done something silly??).

born-pretty-store-bow-nail-art-decorations-barry-m

 A slightly different look here.  Obviously not particularly practical due to the size of the bow, but I think this would be cute for a night out or something (just think how cute your nails would look holding a little clutch bag lol).  Oh and this is Barry M Black by the way.

Here's a side shot to give you an idea of how much they stick out.


So, unfortunately, another product that's too big and flat to be practical to use on your nails.  However, I do think you can make some cute looks with these just for one night or something, if you can put up with the stickyoutness for a few hours.  I should add that there are plenty of each shape as well - about 20 of each.

If you like the look of these, you can see them on the Born Pretty website here.  They retail for $4.52 (£2.95) and shipping is free wherever you are in the world.

Don't forget, if you do decide to purchase these, or anything else, you can use the code LKL91 for 10% off.  Happy shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment