Friday 22 March 2013

Angel Eye Flowers

Hello again my lovely readers :)

This is the first of the products I have to show you over the next week or so!  I was sent this silver nail art pen from the Born Pretty Store.

Born-Pretty-Store-Joyme-nail-art-pen-silver-flowers-over-Orly-Angel-Eyes

This is totally different to all my other nail art pens - it's literally just like a normal pen.  Sooo easy to use!  You just need to give it a little shake before you start.

Born-Pretty-Store-Joyme-nail-art-pen-silver-flowers-over-Orly-Angel-Eyes

I started with a base of China Glaze Man Hunt and Orly Angel Eyes (so much glitter...sigh).

Born-Pretty-Store-Joyme-nail-art-pen-silver-flowers-over-Orly-Angel-Eyes

I added some freehand flowers using the pen.  The nib is super fine - I went over these a few times to thicken the lines up so they stood out against the glitter, but you'll be able to get really fine detail with this.  And by the way, it's perfectly opaque without having to go back over it.

Born-Pretty-Store-Joyme-nail-art-pen-silver-flowers-over-Orly-Angel-Eyes

I didn't have to stop to reshake the pen or anything whilst I was doing this - the flow stayed perfect.  If you want the colour to come out a little faster, just pump the pen a few times.

Just in case you can't tell they're flowers, here's a close up!

Born-Pretty-Store-Joyme-nail-art-pen-silver-flowers-over-Orly-Angel-Eyes

 Added bonus by the way, in addition to being much easier to use than a normal nail art pen, these are water-based.  So that means that if you do make a mistake you can just wipe it off with water and not damage your polish!  These all have a coat of Seche Vite over as well, so as you can see it doesn't smudge :)

You can see this pen here (it's also available in other colours - this is colour 3).  It's $5.99 with free shipping worldwide.  I honestly think this is amazing, perfect for all your nail art needs!  I think I'll have to treat myself to some other colours...

Ooh and don't forget, whenever you buy anything from Born Pretty Store you can use this code for 10% off.




2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Might have to get one of these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even easier to use than I thought it'd be. Now I just need some spare time so I can try it over black!

      Delete