Saturday 23 February 2013

Day 19: Outline

I do believe these are also referred to as framed nails?  Anyway, this is something I haven't tried before, so I decided to go with this over the other option wings.

The way I've seen this done in the past is to paint your outline colour first, then tape of your tips and paint your second colour, leaving a little bit of a margin around it.  I sort of did it like this, but minus the tape - I just freehanded tips on in my outline colour.  Not as neat as you'd get with tape, but I really hate the stuff lol.
Flip-Flop-Challenge-Day-19-outline-nails-with-Layla-Hologram-Effect-Gold-Idol

Naturally what little sunlight we had disappeared when I went to take pictures of these!  I used Jessica Ruffled Bottoms and Layla Gold Idol.

My nails are really curved, so you can't really see that there's an outline at the sides as well!  So here's a side shot just to prove they are there lol.

Flip-Flop-Challenge-Day-19-outline-nails-with-Layla-Hologram-Effect-Gold-Idol

Thanks to the rubbish British weather, Gold Idol looks like a rather poor scattered holo here.  It's actually an AMAZING really strong linear holo.  Here's a picture with flash that shows it much better!

Flip-Flop-Challenge-Day-19-outline-nails-with-Layla-Hologram-Effect-Gold-Idol

 Have you tried outline nails?  Or would you have chosen to have a go at wings instead?






No comments:

Post a Comment