Monday 3 December 2012

A Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge: Rocking Around the Christmas Tree

Happy Monday!  If Monday's can be happy...

Today's the first day of my Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, yay!  Here's what's coming up in the challenge:


So today's theme is Rocking Around the Christmas Tree.  For some reason, I was really struggling to come up with an idea for this one!  I mean, it really shouldn't be that hard...just something involving a tree. But no...nothing.

Eventually I settled on this simple but fun dotticure :)  And I actually really like it.  It's so bright and glittery, what more could you want?


Goes without saying of course that I had to take a picture of them with a tree ornament and next to the Christmas tree.  Not overkill at all.

I used Barry M Matt White for my base, and then had a bit more of a Barry M fest using Barry M Spring Green, Bright Red and Gold Foil.

I then went over these colours with glitter!  I used Barry M Red Glitter, and China Glaze Champagne Kisses and Winter Holly.

Here's a less tree-y picture...


Don't forget to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge, by following the links below!  Alternatively, you can view everyone's manicures on the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge Pinterest Board.



Also,I failed miserably at using all my untrieds in November. I think I may actually have more than I started with.  So I'm still going with that anyway!

China Glaze Champagne Kisses
China Glaze Winter Holly

7 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute!! I love it. I'm also doing a christmas challenge. if you dont mind - check it out when you have time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine :) Your little snowmen and mittens are adorable! Good luck with your venture into the blogging world, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! And the ornament was totally not overkill :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! :D great that you're doing a challenge again. I'm joining another that starts tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete