Tuesday 21 August 2012

My Favourite Things: Favourite Animal

I totally forgot today was Tuesday.  To the extent that I saw people had posted their challenge manicures and I was thinking 'why are they posting a day early..?'.  Never mind, I've had a cup of coffee now and I'm fully aware of what day it is, so here's my post!

I'm a very indecisive person.  I genuinely cannot choose a favourite animal (or colour, polish, food...).  When I was first starting this challenge, I asked my boyfriend what my favourite animal is.  He suggested a tiger.  I do love tigers...having a pet tiger would be AMAZING, but people tell me I can't.

LOOK AT IT!!!  Awwwwwwwww.


Anyway, I didn't actually go with tigers in the end, so no more baby tiger pictures.  I actually decided to do a mani inspired my dog - technically my favourite animal ever :D


 I sponged on some Bailey-type colours; I used Barry M Matt White and Gold Foil, OPI Over The Taupe and 17 Nightshade.  Then I added some little doggy paw prints with a dotting tool.

And here's my inspiration :)


Here's the schedule for the rest of the challenge.  The next post will be favourite food on Thursday - still no idea what I'm going to do for this, I love all food!




11 comments:

  1. Aw this is cute! I thought about doing my dog but had no idea where to start! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought about doing a little doggy face which I've done before, but I was apparently feeling a little more sophisticated when I did this (apart from the paw prints...ahem).

      Delete
  2. The little paw prints are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's so easy to do, you just need a big and a small dotting tool.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, very original, love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't take credit for the combination - that's all down to Bailey lol. I think I would've liked the colours to be a little darker, I think my black could've been blacker...

      Delete
  4. Wow!! Ok what I love the MOST about this manicure is how versatile it is. Totally represents your sweet doggie but can totally be worn out and about as is (well any manicure can but you know what I mean). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you took inspiration from your dog. Too sweet! I think we are the indecisive buddies in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this turned out very artistic looking. Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mani. So artistic & brown/beige/taupe are my faves. Just a hint of whimsy. WOW!

    ReplyDelete